Consumer Expenditure Forecasts
Demographics influence consumption - so understanding the changing pattern of the demographics for a country or region provides good insights into how consumption patterns might change. This includes the impact of the age profile on the number of employed persons in the household and the number of persons per household and hence per capita income and expenditure, and the relationship between income and propensity to save or spend and if spend on which categories.
This report gives you a logical analytical basis for the amount of, and projected trend in, consumer expenditure for a country, region or city.
This report series is structured in the same format for all countries and regions and is as follows:
- Basic Population dynamics (Total, births, deaths migration)
- Changing age profile of the population
- Birth dynamics (total births, women of child bearing age, birth rates)
- Death rates and total deaths
- Trend in total households, proportion urban and rural*, persons per household
- Education profile of the adult population (an important indicator of ability to be employed)
- Employment profile including working age population, propensity to be employed, total employed and dependency ratio
- Productivity of the worker and its drivers - as this determines wages, household incomes and spending power.
- GDP - total and the proportion and amount that is Private Consumption Expenditure
- Household Incomes - average and median (US$2017 values) - derived from wage multiplied by number of workers per household. This also provides data separately on urban and rural households where available. (see page on coverage for relevant countries)
- Distribution of households by income - using five income breaks relevant to the country. This is also published for urban households where available.
- Propensity to spend on each of 11 categories, savings and net tax by income segment (See below for a list of expenditure categories covered).
- Amount (US$ 2017 values) spent per household on each of 11 expenditure categories
- Expenditure by category by each of five income segments
- Total and per capita Healthcare expenditure - by Government and Private expenditure. (US$ 2017 values)
- The Proportion of total GDP spent on healthcare.
- Health profile of the country - number of chronic conditions per capita and prevalence/incidence rates for all cancers and three other key conditions.
Note: Expenditure categories are:
- Food and non alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco and Alcohol
- Clothing and footwear
- Residence (mortgage/rent/utilities/rates etc.)
- Household operations including daily use items
- Personal Care and Other general expenditure
Click below for our example report. The same format and data is available for all regions and cities.
All payments are securely processed by either Stripe (any credit or debit card) or PayPal. You may also make a payment as a ‘PayPal Guest’ with any credit or debit card. We are fully PCI compliant to the highest standard of Level 1. Our website operates full SSL encryption. No card data is obtained or held by our site.
Price is US$100 per country / China Province/City in China.
The reports are published in pdf format - and are consistent in structure and layout. An example of one such report can be download/viewed by clicking on this button:
75 Countries, 31 China Provinces and 596 of the 611c ities of China Note the database is available for any other county (Township or village) in China on request. For a listing of the cities available now please go to the ‘Coverage’ page
Once payment has processed online (see above section on payment), your file(s) will be downloaded immediately – they typically download into the folder ‘Downloads’ which is under ‘Favorites’ in File Explorer on your computer.